Our multinational client is seeking a Swedish or Norwegian accountant or business controller for their shared service centre in Essex.
– The Business Controller will be an accountant supporting the businesses in Sweden and Norway with all activities around the revenue and profit streams.
– The expectations of the position are that the individual will take an active role in using quality data and analysis to support management decisions.
– Additionally, the Business Controller will be supporting the financial planning and analysis process, including mid and short term planning of P&L and BS numbers.
– Business Controller should be responsible for various elements of financial reporting, have good communication and relationships both in the operations organization and within finance.
– Ability to influence the operational team in order to get commercial, statutory and control items addressed.
– The primary statutory responsible person for the Norwegian and Swedish businesses’ financial and corporate records.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
Degree or equivalent experience in economics, accounting or finance related subject
2+ years’ experience in finance, accounting or (business) controlling
Fluency in English and Swedish or Norwegian, communication skills to work in a multinational environment
Analytical capability to analyze complex issues, identify trends and provide opportunities and plans for improvement
IT systems experience including high standard of Excel skills to cope with large amounts of data
This is s full-time , permanent position.