Our client is a West London based investment company.
They are seeking a Danish speaking, Danish qualified, accountant.
The London office is a lean organization representing the Chairman’s office. Few if any transactions are executed out of there, but the office is the lead in compiling results and budgets from operating subsidiaries and creating quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements. A total of 22 entities are operated from the London office, and among them 4 Danish companies. As Danish is spoken by all other staff and as the position includes dealing with Danish entities, spoken and written Danish is a requirement.
The office is well located in the Western part of London in a high quality development. It is spacious and contemporary and offers a pleasant albeit quiet professional environment.
In the double role as Controller and Book-keeper, the candidate will be responsible for the financial management of the Group’s companies in Europe.
The key areas of responsibility are:
* Book-keeping for the European companies (at present in Guernsey, England, Spain and Denmark)
* Consolidation and preparation of the Group accounts (Europe and the US)
* Preparing the annual financial report for the Group in accordance with Danish accounting standards and legislation
* Preparing the annual financial reports for European companies for the audit
* Compiling and drafting documentation for the Danish auditors
* Preparation of the Group budgets
* Daily ad hoc tasks
Strong financial skills and background. A Diploma in Business Administration (HD) or Masters in an appropriate subject
(possibly with experience from an accountancy firm)
Experience with similar tasks, ability to work independently and use own initiative. It is imperative that the candidate has proven previous experience with drafting and finalising accounts for the annual audit. Moreover we require a person that has experience with consolidation of group accounts including work with minorities.
Proficient in English and Danish
Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel spreadsheets
Good knowledge of Navision or equivalent software
Originally posted 2013-04-10 11:44:15.